The Masjid Darussalam mosque is conveniently located in the heart of San Francisco at 20 Jones Street at the intersection with Market Street. The mosque is easily accessible via public transportation, including MUNI (bus and light rail) and BART (train). Our mission is to cultivate a tolerant practice of Islam and to educate both Muslims and non-Muslims about Islam through religious, cultural, and recreational activities. Our vision is the emergence of an American Muslim identity founded on compassion, respect, dignity, and love as encompassed in the Qur’an and the example of the Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him. We are a registered non-profit 501(c)(3) organization in the state of California. We currently manage Masjid Darussalam, the largest mosque in downtown San Francisco. We invite people of all religious and cultural backgrounds to join us in our activities.
Services: 5 Daily Prayers Eid Prayers Iftar (Ramadan) Jumu'ah Prayers Tarawih (Ramadan)
- Name: The Masjid Darussalam (Islamic Society of San Francisco)
- Type: Mosque
- Address: 20 Jones St, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA
- City/Locality, State: San Francisco, California
- Established: Unknown
- Madhab (School of thought): Sunni
- Language Services: English
Local Date/Time Now
Dec 07, 2019 08:57 PM
(Timezone: America/Los_Angeles, Daylight Savings Time is not in effect)
- Adequate Odhu (wash) facilities
- Restrooms are available
- Shower facility may not be available.
- No information available regarding parking
- Parking availability is unknown
Facilities for Women
- Prayer space available in (curtain) shared prayer hall.
- Odhu facilities may not be available.
- Restrooms may not be available.
- Shared entrance.
- Prayer area is accessible
- Odhu area accessibility is unknown.
- Restrooms may not be accessible.
- Accesibility of parking area is unknown.