In the beginning, Minnesota had only one Islamic organization; The Islamic Center of Minnesota (ICM). After years of volunteering with the ICM and after they arranged for the acquisition of the center in Fridley, Brothers Amin Abdel-Kader, Ezzeddeean Taha and Mohamed El-Akkad decided to have a quite time. They established a non- profit organization under the name of Islamic Institute of Minnesota for Research and Publications. They thought they would publish Islamic materials that might be helpful for the community. Later they were convinced that there was much to do for the Islamic community and it was not time to retire. The non-profit organization's name was amended to Islamic Institute of Minnesota (IIM). The organization was to focus on the unfulfilled needs of the Muslim community in the Twin Cities, especially an Islamic cemetery and mosques in suburbs that are not serviced. The organization was able to acquire the Bakee Islamic Cemetery in Roseville and two years later it acquired the Assalam Mosque in Maplewood and this was the first mosque in the St.Paul area at the time. In 2004, the Garden of Eden Islamic Cemetery was established, Burnsville Mosque was established in 2008.
Services: 5 Daily Prayers Divorce Service Family Counseling Jumu'ah Prayers Nikah (Marriage) Service
- Name: Assalam Mosque
- Type: Mosque
- Address: 1460 Skillman Ave E, Maplewood, MN 55109, USA
- City/Locality, State: Maplewood, Minnesota
- Established: 1997
- Madhab (School of thought): Sunni
- Language Services: English
Local Date/Time Now
Jul 07, 2020 11:04 PM
(Timezone: America/Chicago, Daylight Savings Time is in effect)
- Adequate Odhu (wash) facilities
- Restrooms are available
- Shower facility may not be available.
- On-premise parking available
- Parking may be easily available
Facilities for Women
- Prayer space available in (curtain) shared prayer hall.
- Odhu facilities may not be available.
- Restrooms may not be available.
- Shared entrance.
- Accessibility is unknown.