Masjid al-”amoodayn is the name of the Muslim Prayer Room at Georgetown University. Georgetown's Masjid of the Two Pillars is located in the basement of the Copley Residence Hall. The name of the mosque is derived from the two Byzantine-style columns that were among several religious artifacts donated by the university when the room was converted in 1987. Mohamed Zakariya, American calligrapher and designer of the “Eid Greetings” U.S. postage stamp, designed the interior of the room in 2003.
Services: 5 Daily Prayers
- Name: Muslim Prayer Room
- Type: Musalla
- Address: Washington, DC 20007, USA
- City/Locality, State: Washington, District of Columbia
- Established: Unknown
- Madhab (School of thought): Sunni
- Language Services: English
Local Date/Time Now
Jul 04, 2020 04:56 PM
(Timezone: America/New_York, Daylight Savings Time is in effect)
- Shower facility may not be available.
- No information available regarding parking
- Parking availability is unknown
Facilities for Women
- Prayer facilities for women is unknown.
- Accessibility is unknown.