The property at 835 Brush Hollow Road was purchased in 1984. The small two-story house had an adjoining open piece of land, which was earmarked for the construction of a "mosque". The funds of the purchase of this property came from private donations, mostly from the "core" group of families. ICLI was incorporated as a non-profit entity in April 1982 (Rajab 1402) under the provisions of the Religious Corporation Law. The small house on the property was altered to accommodate the needs of the children and adults. Construction for the present structure began in July 1989 and was completed in 1991 at a cost of approximately two million dollars. The center comprises of a mosque, with its inspiring prayer room featuring traditional Islamic architecture set in a modern American context, a library, classrooms and offices totaling an area of approximately 10,000 square feet. The center is open to all who want to learn and practice Islam.
5 Daily Prayers