The Islamic Center of Brighton Beach is one of three mosques in the area. Also known as Masjid Omar, or literally “Mosque of Omar”, the site is structured more like a center than a grand mosque, and was erected within the last decade. It is located within Pakistani Brighton, a sub-community within Brighton Beach, and a haven for a growing Pakistani Sunni population. Muslims in Brighton tend to settle around Neptune Avenue, and have subsequently opened up successful delis, grocery stores, and even a barbershop.
Services: 5 Daily Prayers Jumu'ah Prayers
- Name: Islamic Center of Brighton Beach
- Type: Mosque
- Address: 230 Neptune Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11235
- City/Locality, State: Brooklyn, New York
- Established: Unknown
- Madhab (School of thought): Sunni
- Language Services: English
Local Date/Time Now
Aug 24, 2019 12:57 AM
(Timezone: America/New_York, Daylight Savings Time is in effect)
- Adequate Odhu (wash) facilities
- Restrooms are available
- Shower facility may not be available.
- Nearby streets parking only
- Parking is sometime available
Facilities for Women
- Prayer space available in completely separate prayer hall.
- Odhu facilities available.
- Restrooms available.
- Shared entrance.
- Prayer area is accessible
- Odhu area accessibility is unknown.
- Restrooms may not be accessible.
- Street parking may be accessible.