The Lackawanna Islamic Community has been in existence in the Western New York area for more than 50 years to date. We have established, with the help Allah (SWT), a Masjid that could hold prayer services for over 700 people. An organization hall was also established in 1959 for the community for large gatherings such as Eid prayers or other services. An Islamic Weekend School has also been in existence that teaches Islamic/Arabic Studies since 1982.
Services: 5 Daily Prayers Arabic (language) Class Jumu'ah Prayers Marriage Counseling Nikah (Marriage) Service Weekend School for Kids Ṣalāt al-Janāzah (Funeral Prayer)
- Name: Lackawanna Islamic Mosque
- Type: Mosque
- Address: 154 Wilkesbarre Avenue, Lackawanna, NY 14218
- City/Locality, State: Buffalo, New York
- Established: Unknown
- Madhab (School of thought): Sunni
- Language Services: English
Local Date/Time Now
Aug 20, 2019 09:00 PM
(Timezone: America/New_York, Daylight Savings Time is in effect)
- Adequate Odhu (wash) facilities
- Restrooms are available
- Shower facility may not be available.
- Nearby streets parking only
- Parking is sometime available
Facilities for Women
- Prayer space available in completely separate prayer hall.
- Odhu facilities available.
- Restrooms available.
- Shared entrance.
- Prayer area is accessible
- Odhu area accessibility is unknown.
- Restrooms may not be accessible.
- Street parking may be accessible.