Masjid Omar is the first masjid established in Kansas City. Originally known as Muhammad’s Temple # 30, the masjid was led by Nathaniel Muhammad. Nathaniel was the son of Elijah Muhammad, founder of Nation of Islam. As Nathaniel became more aware of mainstream Islam and broke away from the National of Islam, the Masjid’s name was changed to Mushin Zahir Salhudin Masjid, and then to Masjid Omar (Omar being Nathaniel’s son).
- Name: Masjid Omar
- Type: Mosque
- Address: 2700 E 49th St, Kansas City, MO 64130, USA
- City/Locality, State: Kansas City, Missouri
- Established: Unknown
- Madhab (School of thought): Sunni
- Language Services: English
Local Date/Time Now
Aug 24, 2019 07:17 PM
(Timezone: America/Chicago, Daylight Savings Time is in effect)
- Shower facility may not be available.
- On-premise parking available
- Parking may be easily available
Facilities for Women
- Prayer facilities for women is unknown.
- Accessibility is unknown.