In 1984, the Muslim community purchased a 1.34-acre property with a small house, which served as a place of worship. The Masjid Annur Center (MAC) presently has five daily prayers. During Friday (jummah) prayers over 400 men, women, and children gather to worship. Various forms of Zakaat are collected and distributed on a regular basis. Social services is the area of births, deaths, and marriages are part of the community support provided. A Quranic School for children is operated as well. The MAC serves as a valuable resource center of Dawah work in the area. The Mosque is the central point around which many community activities revolve. Due to the growth and an increasing demand for community oriented services the existing premises are much too small to cater to the needs of the people. To accommodate the growth of the community, a wooden deck was built behind the house. This proved to be ineffective especially during the rainy season. Later, a mobile home was added to solve that problem.
Services: 5 Daily Prayers Eid Prayers Jumu'ah Prayers Nikah (Marriage) Service Weekend School for Kids Ṣalāt al-Janāzah (Funeral Prayer)
- Name: Masjid Annur Islamic Center
- Type: Mosque
- Address: 6990 65th St, Sacramento, CA 95823, USA
- City/Locality, State: Sacramento, California
- Established: 1984
- Madhab (School of thought): Sunni
- Language Services: English
Local Date/Time Now
Nov 19, 2019 08:31 AM
(Timezone: America/Los_Angeles, Daylight Savings Time is not in effect)
- Adequate Odhu (wash) facilities
- Restrooms are available
- Shower facility may not be available.
- On-premise parking available
- Parking may be easily available
Facilities for Women
- Prayer space available in completely separate prayer hall.
- Odhu facilities available.
- Restrooms available.
- Shared entrance.
- Prayer area is accessible
- Odhu area accessibility is unknown.
- Restrooms may not be accessible.
- Parking area is accessible.