The Jefferson Muslim Association was founded in 1984 by a group of concerned Muslims to address the growing needs of the local Muslim community. Initially, a small make shift location was made available in order to accommodate the Friday services and other prayers. Very quickly the need arose to have an establishment purposely built to address the community's spiritual and social needs. With sincere drive and motivation, funds were raised by many generous residents and the building known as Masjid (Mosque) Abubakr was built in 1988. This Mosque is the only purpose built structure of its kind in the greater New Orleans area thus far as its dome and single minaret beautifully illustrates.
Services: 5 Daily Prayers Free Clinic Jumu'ah Prayers Nikah (Marriage) Service Weekend School for Kids Weekly Halaqa (Women) Ṣalāt al-Janāzah (Funeral Prayer)
- Name: Masjid Abu Bakr Al Siddique
- Type: Mosque
- Address: 4425 David Dr, Metairie, LA 70003, USA
- City/Locality, State: Metairie, Louisiana
- Established: 1984
- Madhab (School of thought): Sunni
- Language Services: English
Local Date/Time Now
Nov 19, 2019 09:54 PM
(Timezone: America/Chicago, Daylight Savings Time is not in effect)
Jumu'ah | الجمعة
|Khutba||02:00 PM Verified|
- Adequate Odhu (wash) facilities
- Restrooms are available
- Shower facility may not be available.
- On-premise parking available
- Parking may be easily available
Facilities for Women
- Prayer space available in completely separate prayer hall.
- Odhu facilities available.
- Restrooms available.
- Shared entrance.
- Prayer area is accessible
- Odhu area accessibility is unknown.
- Restrooms may not be accessible.
- Parking area is accessible.