Masjid Al Hikmah means The Wisdom Mosque and refers to the passage of the Quran 16:125, which is translated as: call thou (mankind) unto thy Sustainers path with wisdom (hikmah) and goodly exhortation. From the beginning, Masjid Al-Hikmah has been engaged in community services, although in general the social services are aimed at Muslims, particularly, of course, Indonesian Muslims in New York. Masjid Al-Hikmah is also a home for several pengajian (a gathering in which Islamic teachings are discussed). A pengajian usually begins with the recitation of the Quran, followed by a lecture on Islam and continues with the question and answer session.
Services: 5 Daily Prayers Islamic School for Children Jumu'ah Prayers Nikah (Marriage) Service Weekend School for Kids
- Name: Masjid Al-Hikmah
- Type: Mosque
- Address: 48-01 31st Ave, Astoria, NY 11103, USA
- City/Locality, State: Queens, New York
- Established: Unknown
- Madhab (School of thought): Sunni
- Language Services: English
Local Date/Time Now
Nov 19, 2019 11:08 AM
(Timezone: America/New_York, Daylight Savings Time is not in effect)
- Adequate Odhu (wash) facilities
- Restrooms are available
- Shower facility may not be available.
- Nearby streets parking only
- Parking is sometime available
Facilities for Women
- Prayer space available in completely separate prayer hall.
- Odhu facilities available.
- Restrooms available.
- Shared entrance.
- Prayer area is accessible
- Odhu area accessibility is unknown.
- Restrooms may not be accessible.
- Street parking may be accessible.