Metered parking is available nearby.
Midtown Manhattan is the heart of the city of New York. There is a large community of Muslims working in the surrounding area. In the year of 1990, some of the community members realized that we needed a place to perform Salatul-Jummah. For this purpose, they arranged a small place at 80th Madison Ave and prayed in that area. After a couple of years the place was evacuated by the landlord, so they arranged a new place in a hotel. They rented a floor and began to perform their salat at the new location. After two years this place was also evacuated by the hotel management. They then arranged a new place for Friday prayers in St. Baptist church at 30th between 7th and 8th ave. In the year 2000, the committee decided that they required a proper place for prayer, in which Muslims can perform salat five times a day. Since the amount of people increased day by day, the hall could not accommodate everyone. They arranged a place to buy, to set up a masjid. It was worth $ 2.9 Million. ALHAMDULILLAH in 2003, the committee got possession of this place with the name of MASJID AR RAHMAN.
Services: 5 Daily Prayers Arabic (language) Class Iftar (Ramadan) Tarawih (Ramadan) Two Jumu'ah Prayers
- Name: Masjid Ar Rahman
- Type: Mosque
- Address: 15 West 29th Street, New York, NY 10001
- City/Locality, State: New York, New York
- Established: 2000
- Madhab (School of thought): Sunni
- Language Services: Arabic, English
Local Date/Time Now
Oct 22, 2019 05:21 AM
(Timezone: America/New_York, Daylight Savings Time is in effect)
Jumu'ah | الجمعة
|Khutba||01:00 PM Verified|
Jumu'ah (2nd prayer) | الجمعة
|Khutba||01:45 PM Verified|
- Adequate Odhu (wash) facilities
- Restrooms are available
- Shower facility may not be available.
- Nearby streets parking only
- Parking availability is difficult
Facilities for Women
- Prayer space available in (curtain) shared prayer hall.
- Odhu facilities may not be available.
- Restrooms may not be available.
- Shared entrance.
- Not accessible by wheelchair.