Bay Ridge has a small yet strong Muslim community centered around Bay Ridge’s only mosque, the Islamic Society of Bay Ridge. This storefront mosque, located at 6807 5th Avenue, attracts nearly 400 Muslims everyday for prayer and is open for all 5 prayers. The mosque’s location in the middle of commercial Bay Ridge allows the Islamic people to interact with others, but the tight connection between Muslims is clear. Since it’s establishment in the 1980’s, the mosque continues to grow in numbers as the Islamic population rises in Bay Ridge.
Services: 5 Daily Prayers Jumu'ah Prayers
- Name: Islamic Society of Bay Ridge
- Type: Mosque
- Address: 6807 5th Avenue, Suite A1, Brooklyn, NY 11220
- City/Locality, State: Brooklyn, New York
- Established: 1980
- Madhab (School of thought): Sunni
- Language Services: Arabic, English
Local Date/Time Now
Aug 24, 2019 06:31 PM
(Timezone: America/New_York, Daylight Savings Time is in effect)
- Adequate Odhu (wash) facilities
- Restrooms are available
- Shower facility may not be available.
- Nearby streets parking only
- Parking is sometime available
Facilities for Women
- Prayer space available in completely separate prayer hall.
- Odhu facilities available.
- Restrooms available.
- Shared entrance.
- Not accessible by wheelchair.