If the parking lot is full, there is extra parking available in the Hy-Vee parking lot. Please DO NOT park in the driveway and DO NOT block other cars from leaving.
The Muslim Community Organization (MCO) of Des Moines has been registered by the State of Iowa, and has provided a place of worship since 1983. Apartments and rented homes were used until 1996 when the MCO purchased a house. The jamaat continued to grow until 2009, when we no longer had any more room to fit everyone, we purchased an old church which accommodates more than three times the amount as the old house. In recent years, refugees from many different countries have joined our existing families in our growing community. We also attract a number of students attending Drake University, Des Moines Medical University, and other institutions of learning. MCO has been able to conduct Jumaah, daily, and Taraweeh prayers. Social functions, such as Eid celebrations, Islamic weddings, and general community gatherings take place at the Masjid. Weekend Islamic and Arabic classes are given with tremendous turnout and success.
Services: 5 Daily Prayers Jumu'ah Prayers
- Name: Muslim Community Organization
- Type: Mosque
- Address: 1117 42nd St, Des Moines, IA 50311, USA
- City/Locality, State: Des Moines, Iowa
- Established: 1983
- Madhab (School of thought): Sunni
- Language Services: English
Local Date/Time Now
Nov 18, 2019 06:50 PM
(Timezone: America/Chicago, Daylight Savings Time is not in effect)
- Adequate Odhu (wash) facilities
- Restrooms are available
- Shower facility may not be available.
- On-premise parking available
- Parking is sometime available
Facilities for Women
- Prayer space available in completely separate prayer hall.
- Odhu facilities available.
- Restrooms available.
- Shared entrance.
- Accessibility is unknown.