In Ramadaan of 1414 Hijri, Masjid Omar formally opened its doors. It was the culmination of over fifteen years of work by hundreds of volunteers to establish the masjid. The land for Masjid Omar was bequeathed by an old woman in 1398 Hijri (1977 CE) who desired to help the cause of Islam. Her donation was followed in turn by donations from untold numbers of benefactors to build the masjid on the land. The masjid is a symbol of the rise of Islam in Los Angeles.
- Name: Masjid Umar Ibn Al-Khattab
- Type: Mosque
- Address: 1025 W Exposition Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90007, USA
- City/Locality, State: Los Angeles, California
- Established: Unknown
- Madhab (School of thought): Sunni
- Language Services: English
Local Date/Time Now
Aug 18, 2019 02:03 PM
(Timezone: America/Los_Angeles, Daylight Savings Time is in effect)
- Adequate Odhu (wash) facilities
- Restrooms are available
- Shower facility may not be available.
- Paid parking available
- Parking may be easily available
Facilities for Women
- Prayer space available in (curtain) shared prayer hall.
- Odhu facilities available.
- Restrooms available.
- Shared entrance.
- Prayer area is accessible
- Odhu area accessibility is unknown.
- Restrooms may not be accessible.
- Accesibility of parking area is unknown.