Masjid Al Umar was founded in 1995 in the basement of 45 Derrenbacher St. Kingston, NY by a group of dedicated brothers and sisters interested in the future of Islam in America. By the grace of Allah, a new building was bought and established as the current Masjid in 1997. During the first few years, the Masjid was opened only for Jummah prayer for the most part, but Alhamdulillah, in a matter of time the five daily prayers were established. Since then our community has continued to flourish and grow under the care of many of our brothers and sisters. In 2009, the community was able to buy a plot of land next to the Masjid as the site for the building of a new Masjid to accommodate the growing population. Inshallah the community plans to begin building the new Masjid as soon as enough funds have been raised.
Services: 5 Daily Prayers Two Jumu'ah Prayers
- Name: Masjid Umar
- Type: Mosque
- Address: 7 Downs Street, Kingston, NY 12401
- City/Locality, State: Kingston, New York
- Established: Unknown
- Madhab (School of thought): Sunnisalafi
- Language Services: English
Local Date/Time Now
Dec 07, 2019 01:53 PM
(Timezone: America/New_York, Daylight Savings Time is not in effect)
- Adequate Odhu (wash) facilities
- Restrooms are available
- Shower facility may not be available.
- Nearby streets parking only
- Parking is sometime available
Facilities for Women
- Prayer space available in completely separate prayer hall.
- Odhu facilities available.
- Restrooms available.
- Shared entrance.
- Accessibility is unknown.